Blurb

Hi, I'm an AS Media student, and this blog contains research into the different aspects of film and media, specializing in the Slasher genre. The research has all been put towards the development of my coursework production 'Camp Ivy', which I co-produced with Poppy and Millie. Our coursework has been influenced by the rural locations and mise-en-scene in Friday the 13th and Eden Lake.

Sunday 7 October 2012

Final Cut Pro X: 1st Impressions

I had already been introduced to Final Cut Express when I was introduced to this software, so I already knew the basics of how it works. I was taught by an A2 student.
   I thought that this software is very similar the Final Cut Express, in the sense that the editing tools are the same. However, there are a lot more effects and transitions you can add into your video, and it is better for editing longer videos. Although there are added features, it soon became clear how to work this software and I have used it since confidently.

   The editing side of the software is quick and easy to pick up, but my group when editing our swede did struggle with exporting the file in the right format. There were many steps and processes to go through, and it became quite confusing. We had to re-export our video, as we had used the wrong format and it did not work. We were taught how to export it again, and I now think I would feel confident doing it again by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment